View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Arthur, it's great having a truck with more than 1/99th of an inch of sheet metal around it, isn't it? I really dig that I can lean against the fender and it doesn't feel like a beer can. And i know a guy with an old radio for $30.00. If you wanna snag the rheostat out of it I'll ship it for $7.00 fedex. If he still has it. These old radios are getting tough to find.

This week I got a *FREE*, yes you read that right *FREE* air compressor. I hate the little ball blower i have now. Its only a 2 gallon walmart special. It wont even air up a car tire without recharging it three times. Worthless.

The new compressor is a 20 gallon Ironhorse upright model that fits perfectly in the empty space by my rakes and other longhandles. Heres a pic of it new.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Mine looks like this now

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I took it apart because i wanted to see if it was all OK inside and it was leaking through a few of the couplings. i found out that not one, not two, not three....but all four feet on the motor are broken off. The only thing holding the motor to the tank is the connection pipe itself. I called around and no one seems to have an old casing i can use so i ordered a couple of bakers silicone bake sheets as dampeners to sit the motor on. Then i'll strap it down to keep it stationary. Recycling at its best!

I hope to use a low airflow hvlp paint gun with it to paint cecilia if I cant do a patina build. Heres the style i had in mind.

Hers a pic of it.