View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2016, 02:52 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC Suburban 4x4
kchampagne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Here we go.... 65 Suburban 4x4

[QUOTE=Ed Snyder;61177]
Quote:
I did find a front seat from a guy east of Pueblo in Crowley. A bit pricey, but it is in good shape. He also had a middle seat, but wanted $1500. Way too much for my budget.

KC --
If you're not dead set on keeping your Suburban 100% stock, you might want to consider something like I did. Mine has the original front seats, but the middle and rear seats are from an early Chevy Astrovan. I think I paid $65 for the pair at a swap meet several years ago. I had the front seats reupholstered to match them. As you can see in the photos, the Astrovan seats have split seatbacks and recline to make a bed. They came with seatbelts attached to the frames. And they slide forward and backward, just like the driver's seat.
Thanks Ed! I love what you did! Do you know what year they came out of? Did you have to fab/modify the seat brackets and /or bases? They look very original and I'm sure much more comfy and useful! I've been stockpiling cheap rear seats I find on Craigslist to give me options down the road. Yours look by far the best I've seen. Thank you!