View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2018, 05:28 PM

Truck: 1964 1000 P/U 305E
OdieTN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 305v6 fan in TN

Hi Everyone, well I don't have any pictures right now, but I wanted to update you that I got a fresh oil change this weekend. I went through the whole "wrong gasket/no gasket" thing, but I was excited to find that my local NAPA has filter 1121 IN STOCK with gasket. Everything went together good and the cannister seemed to be put together correctly. There was quite a bit of sludge in the bottom of the cannister. Upon inspecting the next morning I found no leaks at the cannister or drain plug.
I used NAPA 15W40. The bottle says "contains zinc compound." Not to start another oil debate thread, but I haven't seen much discussion on the NAPA oil, so if there is a reason I should not use it, please chime in. It's $10.99/gallon.
I wanted to change the oil because me and Rudy are probably driving too much just up and down our street, like a couple of kids with a new go kart.
I just got pre-approval to order seat cover and bed wood. I had posted earlier that we were going to use 2003-2006 seats, but we have changed our mind and are sticking with original seat (I'm so glad!). Rudy had a little party at the house and went to show some of the girls his truck. He hopped in the drivers seat and 4 girls piled in through the passenger door. They were squeezed in 5 across the bench. Right after that he said, "Dad, I think I want to keep the bench seat."
Hoping to get valves adjusted this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Here's a great video - I'm sure it's one of you guys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyoTQ0xaLBo