View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who says an old truck isn't practical? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
It was that weekend..... The plan had been to get the spit shipped to our door, but we ran out of time. The old man always seems to come through when it counts though LOL

Sadly, I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like to. The great thing about living close to work is it's less than a 10 minute drive if the traffic is good. The bad thing is 10 minutes isn't nearly enough for a decent run, and if traffic is bad it means sitting there idling for another half an hour or so.

It's getting to where I've started trying to plot a course to and from work that's specifically designed to give me a worthwhile drive. Which is not a thing I ever thought I'd have to do. New cars are just too convenient I reckon.

Back when Cecilia had a gas tank I ran her on primarily 10-20 minute runs. she had no problems. The main problem we had was running out of gas with the gas gauge showing we still had 1/4 tank, haha.

But no, she had no issues. We loved every minute of it too. You get looks in an old truck. Even when they're in the shape mine's in. It's awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.