View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2018, 06:31 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 1002 GMC V6-305E
LEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gmc V12 in trucks

As I was reading over the posts in this thread, I was reminded of a story my late father told about this engine. During the '60s, my family was the GMC dealer in Cullman, Alabama. Not only was the dealership a light/medium duty dealer, but the dealership was also a designated heavy duty repair station for both gas & diesel engines. In '62 or'63, dad was called out on a service call to repair a B7000-V12 truck at a local truck stop on north US 31(no interstate highways). This particular truck had tuning problems, being that previous mechanics had not properly tuned the engine. Dad re-tuned the engine, re-run the overhead, set the carburetors and timing, all the while being strung out underneath the cab of the truck. The owner said upon starting the engine after dad finished that was the best that engine had ever run. Dad said it took someone who had factory training (at that time) to properly tune these engines. BTW, my dad had over 30 certificates of training from GM Institute during the time we had GMC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.