View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2022, 05:36 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Brought the SM420 home. This shifting pattern is much tighter, you get the impression that you're actually shifting instead of stirring in the soup...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Took the shifter out and removed the top cover and inspection (PTO) cover. Drained the old fluid and cleaned the magnet on the bottom. All looks good, a much better tranny than the current one. Synchro's all look to be in good shape.

Hope to install this tranny soon. Should take care of the shifting issues. I think I'll keep this tranny installed. Rebuilding the other one might improve the synchros, but will cost a lot to rebuild and the shift forks are still worn, resulting in the sloppy shifting.

The guy I visited had a '63 305D. Those plaid covers are something else, arent they?