View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2014, 04:09 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1961 GMC Shocked When Bracket Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I can't answer the question but I sure liked reading it! Thanks for the belly-laugh

I will say thats the first time Ive heard of someone busting a shock mount but then again i never knew anyone with a 478
Hi Fetch,

Thanks for the good words. You can find a lot of gals, guys, youngsters, and oldsters who can fix these wonderful critters. When you need someone good at breaking stuff, I'm your guy ;=)

The only reason I have a 478 is because I bought a couple of 1950s Chevy I6s and other Chevy AD parts from a guy who got passionate about helping good old engines live for another day. Of course I noticed his GMC when I picked up this stuff. He got even more passionate when he showed me the engine one day and explained how over engineered and built the 478 and it's brothers are. Over built, over schmilt, I say. Isn't that what makes this land of the free great? Let's get back on track. (Sorry, my friends, I'm preaching to the choir, but now I feel better.) Back to the GMC--so, of course, I bought his truck without seeing it for a year and without ever driving it because he is that kind of guy. I told him (when I picked it up) that one day he will want it back and all he has to do is call. Every morning I wake up hoping to have one more dance with his truck but knowing how happy he'll be to see it coming up his driveway. To me it's like land: we may think we own it--we get to walk upon it before we pass it on.

I have to close this response before I get carried away and will do so by saying broken bracket--now bonded--goes back on GMC tomorrow and, if former owner doesn't call, GMC and I head north to cut some firewood. It's been a long winter and the supply of buffalo chips is getting low.

Regards and Have a great weekend,

Culver