View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2014, 04:32 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1961 GMC Shocked When Bracket Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
Great looking truck and wonderful condition for the snow country! I'm sure getting tired of it, April 4th will be 6 months of winter here.

The only help I can give is maybe beefing up your bracket with some strap or adding another bracket similar to this one on my '70 K5 Jimmy?

Sure would like to see more pics of your truck, sorry if I missed any before this if you already have. Entertaining read also!

DAC
Hi Doug,

Thanks, on behalf of the truck, for the complement. I call it a forty footer: looks good from that distance.

In a normal winter, MN looks to Rapid City in mid January for a little of your heat wave to spill our way and bring an hour or two of melting. This year, you didn't get it, we didn't get it, and we feel lucky when we read about other places.

Thanks for the photo of your K5 Jimmy bracket (and all the other photos you have posted). The old bracket goes back on (temporary) tomorrow but your bracket photo has me thinking.

I'm not the quickest when it comes to taming electrons and getting them to move photos from my shade tree garage to yours: today's are my first here in GMC land.

Regards and Have a great weekend (you'll probably be at the beach--50, yes, above zero, forecast here),

Culver