View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2014, 03:30 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1961 GMC Shocked When Bracket Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culver Adams View Post
Hi Doug,

Thanks, on behalf of the truck, for the complement. I call it a forty footer: looks good from that distance.

In a normal winter, MN looks to Rapid City in mid January for a little of your heat wave to spill our way and bring an hour or two of melting. This year, you didn't get it, we didn't get it, and we feel lucky when we read about other places.

Thanks for the photo of your K5 Jimmy bracket (and all the other photos you have posted). The old bracket goes back on (temporary) tomorrow but your bracket photo has me thinking.

I'm not the quickest when it comes to taming electrons and getting them to move photos from my shade tree garage to yours: today's are my first here in GMC land.

Regards and Have a great weekend (you'll probably be at the beach--50, yes, above zero, forecast here),

Culver
Hello again, Culver,

My tastes in GMCs seem to favor the ones that show some of the history they have experienced, but of course there is a point where they have experienced to much and I probably drive a couple that way---LOL!!

Your pics came out great so don't hesitate on posting more, but I understand the time factor. I am behind on some pics and measurements for Fetch and it got dark on me. First 60+* day since I can't remember when!

The downside of the beautiful day today is that we are under a winter weather advisory for tomorrow night and through Monday, and snow off and on until Thursday. Friday will be the 6 month anniversary of the huge blizzard that crippled us pretty bad and killed thousands of cattle. I think 6 months of winter is enough!

Thanks!---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday