View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 12:13 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1961 GMC Shocked When Bracket Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culver Adams View Post
Hi Doug,

I like your comment on driving GMC history.

I also like the 60+ day we had today: thanks for sending your leftover weather from yesterday for us to enjoy today.

The shock bracket that shocked 1961 GMC and me held up under load for 300 miles (including 4 wheel driving on roads with a half foot of unplowed snow) yesterday and today. We rode smooth as silk except where the state built a highway over a chunk of marsh--which froze this winter of winters and expanded a tad. It tried to launch 1961 GMC and me and the two bracket brothers towards the moon. Bracket brothers remain bonded: I'm proud of them.

Regards and Hope the storm blows over,

Culver
Hi Culver, I'm glad your brothers remained inseparable! Put them up to the test and the strength of family was not to be beat.

The storm did blow over pretty fast with gusts up to 62 mph according to the Weather Channel. We only got 3 or 4 inches of snow so we have 2-3 foot drifts next to bare ground. The wind is still raging but the sun is trying to peek out. It sounds like it may just clip your area too so hopefully you will be as fortunate as we were.

Looking foreward to more about your GMC!---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday