View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:28 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

The second bolt is underneath the alternator. I tried to get a pic. Hopefully you can find it. Be careful though, once it's just a little loose the alternator will likely fall over whichever way gravity pulls it. Hold it with one hand to be safe. Just loosen this bolt. Don't take it all the way out yet.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Once the second bolt is loose you can move the alternator and remove the belt. Just slip it off of the alternator, keeping an eye on where it runs on the other two (or three, or four) pulleys. I just unhooked mine and set it down gently.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Freed of the belt, we can now unplug our alternator. Just mash on the forward portion of the plastic plug and pull it straight out. It's a simple plug like what you'd see on a computer hard disk in the older days.

Now you can get to the bottom bolt better to remove it. I used a 9/16 wrench that I found in the grass.

Then take the nut off of the back. Mine is held in place with a long threaded shaft.

And a piece of wayward pipe?