View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2019, 05:43 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What did you do for your GMC today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagarra View Post
Since you have the sending unit out, hook it up to the wires going to gauge and see how it reacts as you move it through it's range. You mentioned you ordered a new sending unit, does the ohms reading between the sending units match?
I can't tell. i sent the old one to the trash heap when the new one came in.
It's so freaking cold outside today I didn't do anything with her, but try the key. I guess with her being down so much I need to put a tender on the battery. She was drt. (dead right there).

So I ordered a new Pulsetech Extreme Charger that will sit in a box out by Cecilia and get plugged in every time I park her...when I remember to do it.

According to a ton of videos and reviews online it's the best desulfater (battery repair-er) made so we'll see. I'm sure as much as she sits she's got plenty of sulphation going on.

Once it warms up a bit more I'll pull the sender out and run it up and down to see where it shows up on the gauge. i guess there's also the possibility that my gauge is off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.