View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2021, 08:12 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Took her out for a test drive the first time. The brakes work well and have settled in quickly. First, it pulled to the left when stopping, which went away after a couple of tries. The engine did warm up nicely and the new heater works well. I'll remove the pan to repair the dent and change the oil next time.

The second gear synchro from the SM420 is pretty worn out, probably from its use on a farm. I've read that the 2nd gear synchro is integrated into the first gear. I hope to rebuild the transmission if I can find another unit to use temporarily. These pop up from time to time.

The speedometer or cable, or the drive in the gearbox still makes some noise when driving. Not sure where it comes from yet.

Picked up the Ipe wood for the bed floor. Don't have a picture, unfortunately. Assembling the bed floor will be the next task.