View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2018, 07:52 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
POWERSTROKE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: She made it home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soszynski View Post
Thanks POWERSTROKE!
She is a 401 with a Clark 5 speed, but no 2 speed rear end. The plow did not come with rig. I can imagine what it might have been like, clearing 30 inches of show with the old wing plow in this thing. Just now going through all the details. Lots to absorb!
Wow! Guy that spec'd that truck out knew what he was doing and planned on moving some SNOW!

The township I worked for had both angle blades and big V-blades for the trucks and the Austin-Western 6x6 road grader. Throw a couple sets of chains on that monster with the big V blade and six foot drifts were no problem. It had a side mounted wing plow on it for widening out roads. Could almost roll snow over the fences into the fields. Dad only claimed two mailboxes during the two days he ran it one winter. That was during a record snow fall back in the 1960's.

The trucks both had Big channel iron frames that mounted on the fronts of the frames where the bumpers bolted on and ran clear back to right ahead of the rear axle to take lots of the stress off the truck frames. Put 5-6 ton of rock in the truck, put a set of chains on and they would clear most snows. Much faster than the grader too.