View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2019, 05:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Another thread on bed wood

Here's everything I have in my notes on bed wood for the GMC. I think Chevy was the same back there, but I can't guarantee.

These beds had oak or yellow pine beds made from boards that were cut with dadoes and a shallow rabbit. They were 8 foot and 1 inch long and 3/4 inch thick (1" lumber).

Some pictures attached should show you how they fit and get cut.

There's a writeup about dimensions here:
http://6066gmcclub.com/forum/showthr...1831#post51831

A (2005) study of bed wood coatings found this to be the best for long lasting results out of 10 options:
Three coats of POR-15 Rust Preventative Paint as a seal coat and three coats of Behr gloss black enamel. This finish is on an oak sample and it has no failure at this time. The finish has possibly dulled slightly, but is still very glossy and sealed well. If you plan to paint your bedwood, this finish system should be considered as it is very durable and easy to apply.

As far as I know there's no good video or writeups. If you do it, you could take a ton of pics and post it up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1wearstrp.jpg (23.9 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg 3BedwoodfleetLWB.jpg (54.6 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg 4BedwoodfleetSWB.jpg (17.5 KB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg 2board.jpg (63.5 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; February 17th, 2019 at 05:23 PM.