View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My woodsplitter project

I got a PM a couple of days ago about the sticks I'm using (why are you reading this?!?!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

)

for all of the 2x2 stuff I'm using 3/32" diameter 7018 sticks at about 85 amps. For the beam stuff I'm using 5/32" diameter 6011 sticks at 140 amps, washing up on the 2x2 stuff but mainly staying on the beam. All my sticks are Hobart brand, not for any type of loyalty but just because thats what the local place had to sell.

I was using the 6011 stuff on the 2x2s but I was blowing holes in it so often that I had to call in an expert to advise me on it.

And to the other guy, yes my welding table is a filing cabinet. It was in good shape before I started this project. It could probably use a paint job now

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.