View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2016, 04:15 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Another update with an unexpected twist. My father had a heart attack. He was down on the ground and turning blue with zero heartbeat. If not for another person nearby that found him and called 911 we would have lost him.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So I'm in the process of dialing back my life and responsibilities

so I can spend some good, quality time with the man doing the things he loves - fishing and hunting.

The plan is now this:
Get his house sold and liquidate everything that is "extraneous junk" he owns.

Move him here in town close to me
Get licensed for hunting and fishing
Get a boat and some thundersticks

Take a boating safety class and hunter safety course
Kill some pigs/deer/rabbits and fill the freezer
Catch some crappie and bass & fill the freezer some more
Commence "Making memories" with the grandkids as long as possible.

A lot of this is outside of my wheelhouse, but he grew up in the country with real dirt floors and will be a big help. After his heart episode we figure at most (statistically) we have 5 years left with him, more likely 1-3 years. I plan to put as many smiles on his face as possible until that time comes.

Oh, and I'll probably put the boat in the Other Rides section (Sorry Ron!

)
so you guys can see what I'm doing and offer help if you can. You guys know me,
any input you have is always appreciated!

I have zero experience with boats and not much money so anything I buy will need to be
worked on I'm sure. But once it's finished I have to be honest - I can't wait
to drag a boat to the lake with Cecilia!

When it's all said and done we should have some great pictures and fond memories with a man that made me what I am today. He's seen a lot since 1945. Some good and some bad. I'm going to do my level best to make sure the last thing he remembers is grandkids and giggles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; March 14th, 2016 at 04:22 PM.