View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2018, 03:12 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Mine was not loose, just poorly assembled and not fully seated. Sorted like they bump it after solder and tried to put it back together before the solder solidify. This resulted is a tiny air gap in the connection. Be sure the sending unit is removed from the truck because the torch will make many pieces of you and your truck.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

We need you to hang around for a very very long while.
Mine turned out to be a "pizza-junk". I finally got time to jump out there and fiddle with it today for a while. And get this, the Powder Puff made it out too! Once they get older they just don't like to sweat a drop anymore. I've come to accept it I guess, but when they get a little dad-sick and come out from the air conditioning to spend time with me it sure does make me happy.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So we started off pulling the 5 screws, two nuts, and one pipe off the sending unit - again.

Then on a whim, I thought, "May as well remove that nasty old gas in the tank while I"m in there" so I removed the bolts holding the straps on the tank. That's really all that's holding the tank in there. Plus one worm strap thingy on the fuel neck.

The worm strap was 3/8", I could barely get to it with a wrench, but here's what it looks like.

These straps are just springy metal straps, but they're bent to fit the tank. If you don't move them behind the tank, you'll swear it's bolted down somewhere else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.