View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby's - 1960 GMC

Post 6

I gave the truck some thought and figured that if I could salvage it out of the mess, I could start all over again, only this time I knew what I was doing. But I started looking on Ebay for something not as bad as my flooded truck that I could use some if any of the parts off of.

This is the truck after we pulled it in the partially build garage.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

On a rainy Saturday Dee asked me what I was going to try and do with the truck I had dragged over to the house and I told her it was possible to save, with a LOT of work. She tells me well why don’t you try to find another one off Ebay or someplace (This was not the same woman I married she was replaced with a nicer person).

I found a 1960 GMC with the same V-6 engine, in real good condition in Oregon and agreed to purchase and have it delivered. The delivery company gave me all sorts of fits and delays. I called the seller and explained that I bought the truck, paid the correct money to HIM for the Delivery and would hold him responsible for the truck. He showed me (via Fax) that the truck had been delivered to the yard and they signed off that it would be delivered. I called the delivery company and got the run around. What they were waiting for was to get the truck filled with other vehicles in order to make a better profit. They apologized for the delay and kicked back $300. I got the truck by the end of the month, only 3 weeks past due.