View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby's - 1960 GMC

Post 8

While I was trying to get all the paperwork straight I looked into the brake situation and found no fluid, but no leaks? I changed the MC out to be safe and bled the brakes down. It took about 3 weeks to get all the paperwork straight so I could get insurance and a plate and then for 2 glorious days I drove many circles in the subdivision to get the feel for her.

I brought her to a radiator shop to have the engine flushed and found all the little lonely lost holes in my rad. Had her towed home, and bought a 3 core center mount radiator from US rad.

Then the fun began, slowly, ever so slowly I started trying to change things as needed. The previous owner tried to make a low rider out of this truck by simply clamping down on the suspension. I Removed a rear roll pan, put on a rear bumper, changed everything out on the front end, adjusted the torsion bars almost 4” to bring her to correct height, removed rear coil clamps and had to replace the rear coils because they were shot from being compressed too long. Engine wise I added a Petronix setup. I changed out the single barrel intake and carb. to a dual set up. I Changed out all 4 wheel cylinders. Bartered to find the correct 60-61 hood, picked up a few doors and tailgate that were in better condition. Basically, I found enough parts to build another truck.