View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby's - 1960 GMC

Post 9

It now October 2007 and for the first time I was able to drive an antique truck to Cruising the Coast. I saved up some money and was able to get a room at one of the host hotel and lived it up for a week. It was so cool to drive up and down the Coast meeting other truckers, and other club members (Susan Cooper) explaining to other folks that YES THE ENGINE WAS STOCK.

One of the best things about the CTC event is that they have one **** of a swap meet that literally fills the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum. Most years there are over 5,000 vehicles registered. 2007 was the first year back on track since Katrina although it was not quite as crowded as normal, it was still packed with many cars and trucks (3200). For many, it’s a once a year pilgrimage thing. Luckily I live just 20 miles from Mississippi Coast and can drive back and forth many of the days. That’s a good thing, because the rooms usually sell out by June each year.