View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby's - 1960 GMC

Post 10.

Been awhile since I posted any up dates but here goes. I'll call this chapter Alongs Comes a Gustav.

I had the truck bed dismounted and under cover out back, and pulled the truck out of the garage to the back side so we could use the garage to store stuff and cars in from the tree branches and such.

Gustavs forms in the Gulf headed for our area, everyone praying it'll turn and NOT TEST the LEVEES which were not ready for any storm yet. Dee and the family evac'd to her moms in Hammoond and I had to report to work. We got some rough weather but NOTHING like when I got home to find that someone had stolen the green GMC truck. For about a day I was checking with the wife and kids making sure that no one arranged a pickup to restore it (BOY WAS I HOPING). NOPE IT WAS STOLEN.

Call the police made a report and was so upset I forgot I had insurance on it. After filing it took about 45 days to settle out right and I took the money to restore the flooded truck. OH and decided to invest in an good alarm system.

Let me tell you these is something viseral aboout knowing that a total stranger walked onto your property and took something that belonged to you. Pisses you off to no end and MAKES you get something to defend yourself.

Lo be the sum-****** that tries it again!

I was able to pick up a rebuilt block off ebay listed by Flight-Lline engine rebuilders and started again from there.