View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2017, 05:57 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Need all our GMC Historians help: 1963 Factory Black truck correct wheel paint?

I don't think a black truck looks right with white wheels unless it is two tone with white top. but I don't know what GMC thought. It does seem like there was not much of a standard. You can look at brochures for sale on EBAY. That's what I do when I want to see what was "original". I saw no black trucks in the brochures and wheels were colored same as truck color. Don't know if that was convention or artists idea. It would make more since for production reasons to have wheels come in to the factory one or two colors. That way you never run out of red or blue or whatever. If you run out of white, you use black and vise versa. Stocking a bunch of wheel colors is a pain in the arse. That's my guess. That's how I would have done it. You have proven that your wheels are 1963 and were black and may have come on that truck. That would look good with chrome caps.
See post #52. http://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.ph...=wheels&page=6

Ken

Last edited by AZKen; November 17th, 2017 at 09:39 PM.