View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2014, 12:23 AM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Correct GMC vs. Chevy Truck Wheels, 1960-66

Hey AZKen, I will repost the pic here. It is one of GMCNuts wheels. It has what I describe as the "Squished In" center section profile. He believes this wheel is the 1960 GMC specific wheel. But I do not understand why it has the four little "nubbins". I swear I think this powder blue wheel is actually a Cameo Wheel. I never have seen a 1960 wheel with these nubbins, or for that matter, with the Rings that mount onto them. I have always only seen them on the Cameo and Suburban Pickups. GMCNut says he routinely finds these exact wheels on 1960 trucks. And I believe he does. But I also think they must be over runs from earlier production, or some scenario where they got sent to one plant. I always seem to see the wheels without nubbins and with the Potters Wheel flat area, and not the squished in pattern. This is just my experience. But I know GMCNut has decades more time in, and by default has seen a lot more wheels, both correct and otherwise, on these 1960 GMCs. GMC was known for there thrift, and I suspect they probably used two or even three different wheels from 1960 to 1961. Thanks for the input, Greg Mead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMCSquished1960.JPG (75.0 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)