View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2017, 09:24 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough
Default Power Steering Conversion Kit Recommendation

After owning my 1965 GMC Suburban for almost 30 years now I have decided to go ahead with installing power steering --bad shoulders have really been the game changer. Truck has a 351M and has the proper pulleys along with an original Power Steering pump from a donor engine - I have an early 1970's 1/2 ton steering box withhoses ready for the install and now just need to purchase the mounting kit. I know there are different suppliers that have kits such as Rex and Captain Fab - but I would like to be pointed in the direction of the best choice by fellow GMC truck people. Also after the install did anyone notice a difference in the geometry in the steering linkage due to the steering box/arm being moved farther left of the frame due the mounting plate. From what I have read this caused a difference in left/right full turn ratios - that the proper way would be to cut/weld and graph a dimpled frame section from 1967 and later truck to the 65 frame. What are your thoughts? Thank you for your inputs.