Thread: Thanks Members
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2018, 04:50 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thanks Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan63GMC View Post
I just bought a 1963 GMC 3/4 Ton with a 305 E V6. Everything is original except the split rims were replaced in the 80's. Reading the forums, there is so much I don't know and don't know where to begin. I wish I would of paid more attention to my Dad in my high school years with him continually working on old cars/trucks. I appreciate the conversation and am determined to learn and work on my 63. Just from the forum, I want to keep the 305 with the plain valve covers which is cool. Thanks for the posts
Greetings Dan, and Happy New Year to all Club Members!

Glad you're keeping the 305 V-6. As was stated. far too many of these wonderful old GMC Trucks have wound up with Chevy 350 transplants. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with a Chevy 350 engine, in my opinion, they just don't belong, or have any place being in a 60 to 66 GMC Truck! Also, it's a good thing that your split rims were replaced with later style rims. Split rims were notoriously dangerous to work on, and caused many injuries, and even fatalities because of improper tire installations and handling. Congratulations on your aquisition of your truck! They're getting harder to find, and they are truly a Gem among trucks!