View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2016, 02:57 AM

Truck: 65 GMC 1000 SWB Fleetside
Praxiss454 is on a distinguished road
Default 65 Mirrors - Swing Lock vs Re-Trac vs Stainless?

Hi guys, I have a new-to-me 65 GMC 1000 that I'm fixing up and I've been trying to keep things stock or take them back to stock. I have a cheapo plastic "chrome" mirror on the truck now that I hate.

I came across this accessory guide:

Having a heck of a time finding the GMC Swing Lock mirrors anywhere. I've seen a few sets of of chevy mirrors that look similar but as I understand, they are different than the GMC counterparts. Does anyone have pics of what factory Swing Lock mirrors look like on their truck? Does anyone know the original manufacturer, and are they still around? I heard it was Delbar but can't confirm.

As an alternative, I'm also looking at the Re-Trac mirrors shown on that accessory guide, because the Re-Track company is still around and allegedly still sells these under part numbers 611706 & 611708. I can't find them for sale anywhere online and have reached out to the company directly to ask where to get them. If anyone has pictures of these Re-Trac mirrors on their truck I'd love to see them.

Finally, the accessory guide lists the 5" x 10" Stainless. Same questions as above -- does anyone have pics of them on their truck, or know where to get them?

Thanks!