Thread: 305E questions
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2014, 09:16 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default 305E questions

I didn't receive my 1960 manual yet. Thought I would run the engine on my engine stand eventually. BUT I now see that the starter motor attaches to the bell housing. Bummer. All I can think of right now is attach to stand at tranny holes? Will that work? what does everyone do and will the clutch be ok without tranny spline to center it, will it wobble or will springs hold it. Am I thinking about this right? ALSO: are their more bell housing bolts at bottom , took off four on top outside, can't see under there but feel one on each side almost hitting flywheel? Are they the last two? Haven't looked at the motor much till now, so discovering all this. I just want to clean it , fix freeze plugs, check a few things and start it. A lot easier with a Chevy V8. Starter bolts to block. I'm trying to like this V6 engine, but it's weight, lack of parts and now no way to attach to stand without a huge cantilever is causing trepidation (not sure what that means).

Last edited by AZKen; September 7th, 2014 at 09:26 PM.