View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2023, 06:12 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Completed all the tasks from the last post. Now onto cleaning up some of the wiring, and installing items such as the AFR meter. Hope to complete the exhaust downpipes this week as well.
Then onto some small jobs, that still needed to be done.

Communication with the camshaft grinder hasn't been too great, still waiting. Companies here are not great to deal with. Wish we had a company like Delta Cam here.
The issue here was that they take apart their camshaft grinder for cleaning every 10 years or so. Guess who wanted to grind their cam while they had the thing apart? So they told me it would take a month to put it back together. That was on the 24th of May. 24th of June has since passed, and more than 2 weeks have passed since then.

In the meanwhile, Steve (tbucketnut) has helped me a great deal by sending out his spare sent of lifters to be reground by Delta Cam for me. Much obliged Steve, and I'm looking forward to them.

If this camshaft grinder doesn't work out, I'll be sending the camshaft to Delta Cams as well... Hopefully, it does not have to come this far.