View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2023, 07:31 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Since I'm using the 305 V6 intake manifold, I blocked the heat riser in the intake manifold using the same method as before, which is to mill out a recess for a plate to fit in. They are a light press fit. These block the exhaust gas from the heads from entering the intake to preheat the manifold. This is a modification for propane usage. Though it would work for gasoline as well, but in hotter climates. Cooler air means a denser charge, ie. more power!

The correct Mr. Gasket carburetor adapter is on order, as well as the missing gun rack that was once installed in the truck.

I also removed the governor line.
Scored a nice vintage Sun tachometer on eBay, which was local to me. 15 bucks with 15 bucks shipping. It is a 3000 rpm tach, wish it would have been 4000. Though I should keep it below 3000, the 478 was governed at 3200 rpm.
Old Sun tachometers need a separate transmitter box to work properly. However, I know someone that is pretty handy with electronics, and we're going to see if we can rework one to work directly with the HEI tach signal.

Still waiting on the camshaft and lifters. Still working on all sorts of small jobs that need to be completed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230725_201505.jpg (1.10 MB, Multiple views, 1 clicks)

Last edited by Prowbar; July 25th, 2023 at 07:36 PM.