View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2016, 01:40 AM

Truck: 1962 2503 1 ton dually
62 Addict is on a distinguished road
Default '67 305 & auto heads up from new guy

Hello. Just saw a Craigslist ad in Omaha for a '67 GMC 305V6, auto Camper 3/4 ton for $900. Hope link works.

https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5671836744.html

I didn't see anywhere else to post this. And I needed to post so I could look at pics. I want to check out the build threads. Don't hate me for no pics of my truck yet.

So, I'm Scott. I just bought a 1962 2503 w/ 305D, 4spd, dually w/flatbed & lift gate. The poor thing hasn't run in 5 years, but supposedly ran good according to the widow. It looks complete. Will need a lot of work. The body has lots of dents, some rust, cracked windshield, bad tires, etc. What do you expect for $700? I probably would've passed on it, but I've never had a GMC V6 before. I spent 2 hrs looking it over & talking to the widow. Then forgot to take pics & get tire size. It has newer 4 hole duallys, so could be anything. I know I could get it legal & running fairly cheap. Just won't be restored right away. It has a couple of cool mods: 130amp alternator, Holley 2 brl, & the massive lift gate that looks as old as the truck. It's electric/hyd, so not sure how old. Currently, the truck is at the sellers farm an hour from home. And I drive OTR. Won't be home for couple weeks. Will get lots of pics then. In the mean time, I will learn about the V6 & check out the site.

Thanks,
Scott