View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2018, 04:11 AM

Truck: 65 GMC 1000 SWB Fleetside
Praxiss454 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full Gauge Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
Who ever did the gauge arrangement was definitely a hack and if you could get 3 matching gauges of the same manufacturer that would definitely clean it up. Same goes for the Tach, that supposed to be mounted from the back of the cluster not front so the cluster panel was also hacked up. I think if you could get the factory Tach as well as the Bat-O-Meter for the original instrument cluster followed by the other 3 gauges that would make a nice combination specially having an ammeter as well as a Voltmeter would be some combination and that's not are farfetched idea either because GMC actually had such a combination on their later H & J series 7500-9500 trucks.
Hack for sure. Would love to get the original gauges for the cluster but the price would have to be right (e.g. I'd have to get lucky on a junkyard score or something). I haven't pulled the tach to see if the panel is all hacked up. It's also kind of hard to tell if the 3 mounted on the side there are equally spaced and in line with each other because the gauges have different size/shape/color rims. I agree with you that 3 of the same manufacturer would clean it up.