View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2016, 04:48 AM

Truck: 1960 short bed, step side
60ShortStpeGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Black Widow Build (1960 1/2 ton)

Hm, newly installed clutch doesn't disengage.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Based on some reading, I checked the following:

Master cylinder: new, works good, plenty of fluid.

Slave cylinder: old, no leaks, visibly works good, plenty of fluid.

Throw out bearing: new, in throw out fork, clutch pedal readily moves bearing, looks like bearing engages pressure plate springs, though at the end of the clutch pedal stroke.

Throw out fork: original, operational (e.g. not bent or broken), mounted correctly, clutch pedal readily moves fork.

99% sure that the clutch plate is not installed backwards. It simply wouldn't fit if I did - at least I think so.

Only thing I can see is that the clutch plate appears to be pinned between the flywheel and the pressure plate. Odd. I thought it was supposed to float between the two?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?