View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2016, 08:00 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

Like I mentioned in my Cecilia thread my father had a heart attack and almost died. If not for the luck of having someone walk by and see him lying blue-faced on the sidewalk

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

he would be dead and in the ground with so much unsaid between us.

What I didn't say is is that his wife decided that she was going to leave him while he was in the hospital too. He won't be able to work anymore and that'll put a crimp on her finances (I'm guessing) so she's done. The divorce will be final in May.

Between now and then I'm fixing up his house enough to sell. I've repaired floors that were sinking (big job) and repaired a fiberglass bath tub so far. It's tough work in the heat. The fiberglass tub re-cracked though so I'll be patching that again I guess.

I also have to fix up a few holes in the walls. My dad...he's not much of a spit and polish guy. If he needs to repair something in a wall he'll cut a hole in the wall, do the repair, then caulk the wall piece back in.

That's right, like bathroom caulk! So I have to tear all that out and re mud it. I've been practicing at home and I think I can pull this off with a reasonable degree of success.

Finally, I have to rent (probably) two different UHaul big trucks and haul all of his stuff here with me and put it in storage. Then I'll move him up here and put him in a place he can live out his days visiting grandkids and going fishing and hunting with me. Wife and time permitting

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; March 19th, 2016 at 08:06 PM.