View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2020, 12:35 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Converting from 318 to (edit) 330..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedElvis View Post
Thanks for the input.. More proof I don't know what I'm doing and need some help here... LOL.. Anyway, I looked further in to what I actually have and it turns out it's a Muncie 330, which came out of a '69 Chevy Longhorn truck that had a 4 bolt main 350.. I also got the (5505) bell housing, clutch fork, throw out bearing and driveshaft that day.. I'm hoping it will all bolt right up to my 250 L6.. Still need those shifter rods from a column shift truck though. Don't want to cut a hole in the floor.
Greetings, Red Elvis!

You are in luck. That V-8 Bell Housing will bolt up to your 250 L6. The clutch should bolt up as well unless the V-8 had a larger diameter clutch assembly. Most were equipped with a 10" clutch assembly. Larger clutches were used in heavy duty applications.

Last edited by George Bongert; December 12th, 2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: correction of an error