View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2023, 05:01 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

Words cannot describe how excited I am. I know it has been a while since my last update, so sit tight.

First. The restored radiator is great. Cools the truck quickly. I took my truck on a long cruise around the neighborhood and the temperature never went past the middle point on the gauge. Fans stayed on low speed for most of the drive, but it was almost 100 degrees out so that is expected.

Second. I tried installing a washer pump. The original mechanical pump. I bought one from Cardone (Car-don't) and it didn't function properly. I'll try again later.

I also tried fumbling with my motor mounts. I tried to flip them because I thought they were backwards. It turns out that the perches are just wrong. From my limited research it seems that there are differences in perches between C10s and C20s, and even different years. I'll need to get them fixed because my motor vibrates a fair bit with only have the spring perch being bolted down.

And finally for the exciting news. Tomorrow (8-7-2023) I will be putting on tires and performing an alignment on my truck. My boss made sure the alignment rack was free for a few hours so I should have plenty of time to dial in my specs. My truck is insured and I have made an appointment with the DMV to register it. It isn't perfect by any means, but it is legally roadworthy.

After 4 long years I will finally be able to enjoy my new truck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230806_172246[1].jpg (4.49 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)