View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2019, 03:03 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

Quote:

Next, I ordered 1979 GMC C2500 control arms (upper and lower), spindles, disc rotors and calipers, wheel bearings, etc. I plan on using my 66 shocks and coil springs. I have not installed any of these components yet. I believe that the brake hoses I have (1979 disc) should attach straight to the original brakes lines, but I have not had anyone confirm that yet. I still need to order a new master cylinder with a proportioning valve.

I'm debating replacing my brake lines with 1979 lines. But I think I'd have to replace my rear wheel cylinder with a similar year too. If anyone knows about brake line/hose compatibility, please let me know.
I would also replace the master cylinder (convert from a single cylinder to a dual cylinders) and all of the brake lines/hoses. With front disc brake and rear drum brake you will also need a proportioning valve. Master cylinder will need to match (disc-drum) as well.