View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM

Truck: 1960 short bed, step side
60ShortStpeGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Black Widow Build (1960 1/2 ton)

First thing I did was adjust the float.

Second thing, it seems like the original vacuum pump spring was a li'l bit softer than the new one. Very good condition still so I swapped 'em out. The neck of the new one seemed to hang up on the linkage it attaches to whereas the old one swiveled smoothly.
After all is said I done, I suspect this was unnecessary.

Third, I shortened the throttle rod.

Put it back together and stuck it on the engine.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Had to play with the idle a lot. Ended up lengthening the throttle rod a tad. After that, I managed to get a decent idle and air/fuel mixture.

And no hesitation during acceleration.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I did a happy dance right there in the garage.

Had to fart around with the throttle return spring. Actually might have an issue with the throttle body blades. They seem to want to stick open that last 1/16" of an inch instead of returning to the proper idle speed. Changed the bracket location and changed the springs and the issue is almost gone. I'm letting that issue sit a while. After a few more miles I'll do more about it. Yes, that's the wait-and-see technique.

Meanwhile, a running driving truck. woot!