Thread: Jeeps
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jeeps

There is a reason you probably have not heard of them. First they are old, and in 1-1/2 to 2 ton trucks. 40's and 50's mostly. most people pay no attention to these. Second people like me say very little about these. Keeps the cost down. I pay from 20.00 to about 150.00. I find a lot of these every year and keep them in my stash. they made 2-3-4 speed boxes. Google watson and read up on them. They are made by spicer but most that I find are tagged Watson. I have married them to 205 t cases in the past and used 1 shaft to the trans but if I have the room i put them in a series divorced. The old K trucks work well with them but the 221 t case will die quickly. You really need over 100 inches of wheel base to make these work. But I could fit one up to a 420 and a 300 t case pretty easily and only add about 15 inches if I used a 30 series box. Are the strong enough? Well the smallest ones have 1.5 inch mainshafts and gears larger than a 420 trans. here is a 30 series 3 speed next to a 420. Most of my old trucks run these boxes mostly for the OD. But in a 4x4 they are crazy cool. The other pic is the old koenig on the 5. Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (3.23 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (3.29 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)