View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cayoterun's new folly--GMC/Chevy bus

Quote:
Pretty cool! you going to fab up a set of wheel covers?
I finally got the 63 to the shop. It actually sounded better than I would've thought. No knocks or ticks that I can determine but it is pretty noisy. It obviously has vacuum leaks as well as exhaust leaks. I can probably machine theIntake down if needed. I will try to call you tomorrow and start it up for you so you can hear it run.
Sounds Good to me: You have better ears than me, so what you think is good enough for me.
After making sure we have room for wheel clearance, We'd end up with wheel covers. I think they would help it look more "ol' timey".
292: As we've talked, the 292s still have lots of run time after most would think they were ready to retire. If we thought it would help, we might stick a set of bearings and rings in, and touch up the valves. A little smoke out the exhaust pipe from cylinder wear might add a little to the ugly look.
Transport: We could be heading that way later in the spring. We had our family Christmas this weekend, and daughter's mother-in-law from here would like to come to Waco, so we could make double use of a trip down.

Thanks for your help. Hope I can return it "down the road".

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.