View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2020, 07:57 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default 6066 GMC Truck Club 20th Anniversary

It was 20 years ago this month that Michael "Jolly" Goodfellow started our information website and owner's forum. Jolly managed the site and forum until 2013 when he turned it over to our beloved Jeannie. Thanks, Jeannie, for keeping it alive for us!

Jolly hosted 5 year and 10 year Jamborees in 2005 and 2010 for forum members at his house in Honeyville, Utah. I was privileged to be able to attend both of them. I believe I was one of the first, if not the first, to join Jolly's forum in January 2000. I can't even remember any more how I found out about it, but I'm glad I did. It's been a big help to me over the years.

I've also been fortunate to be able to organize and/or attend a few regional "mini meets" with fellow forum members. Some of them were in Wichita, KS (my hometown), Medford (where I've lived for 40 years), Brooks, OR (at the Antique Powerland), Redding, CA, and Elk Grove, CA (home of former member Rick Rusconi).

I'd be curious to know if we still have any others here who have been members for 20 years. Jolly -- you still on here? Haven't heard from you in awhile! It would be awesome if we could get enough attendees together for a 20 year Jamboree in Honeyville! If that's too much to organize, hopefully we can get other members to organize or host more regional mini meets.

Happy New Year everyone!
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435