View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2020, 07:49 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 6066 GMC Truck Club 20th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Snyder View Post
I believe I was one of the first, if not the first, to join Jolly's forum in January 2000. I can't even remember any more how I found out about it, but I'm glad I did.
After a little searching, I found this:

https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=2

It helped to refresh my memory. I now recall that the information site http://6066gmcguy.com/ came first, earlier in 1999 I think. I probably found it while searching the internet for V6 info. Thanks to all the old factory literature I had for GMCs from the '60s, I was able to help Jolly with a lot of the info on that site. So it wasn't until after Jolly created the info site that he started the forum in January 2000. If you're a newer member who hasn't been to the info site yet, be sure and check it out -- lots of good stuff there.

The first photo in the slide show on the opening page is of my '62 Suburban and the '66 pickup I restored, now owned by Clyde in South Carolina. The second photo shows Jolly's rescue truck. There are 14 more photos after those first two. One of them shows the trucks that showed up for Jolly's 10 year Jamboree. Here's another view of those trucks. The one on the left was Rick Rusconi's awesome short-wide '62 with the 401 V6, now owned by Dave "RustyNut" Schlager in St. Charles, MO. Rusty drove it home from Rick's place in Elk Grove, CA, with no problems other than losing one hubcap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2986.JPG (2.41 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435