View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

My compressor works great now, but it didn't before. All four legs were broken off the motor. So I called around to get some info and maybe buy a motor casing from the manufacturer. They said no way. I called a repair shop. They said Nope.
I called another repair shop. They said they'd check to see if they had a busted motor in. They did. It didn't have motor mounts

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So I fixed it myself the only way I know how - Cheap!

I first decided I wanted something to dampen the noise. I needed something both flexible and heat resistant so I chose one of those blue cheap silicone baking mats. Folded in half it fit perfectly.

Here's the Powder Puff mechanic sliding it under while I lift the motor:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then I tied it down by running two bits of a coathanger through the outside screw holes and over the motor.

Then it was time to put some compressor oil in it. I chose Porter Cable brand.

Finally I plugged 'er in and plugged all the leaks, put plumbers tape on the fittings, and she ran great. She holds air! Now time to spend a small fortune on air gadgets.....

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; April 27th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.