View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2022, 11:17 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

I have good news, bad news, and in between news.

I've managed to torque my control arm bushings, only 3 years after installing the arms. Had to unbolt my exhaust from the manifolds and remove the front shock absorbers. Turn the tires as needed and use a 4 foot long torque wrench. Easy peasy.

I also fully installed the coolant reservoir, and got a new washer reservoir that I believe to be period correct. On top of that, I replaced my wiper motor, washer pump, wiper switch, and headlight switch. All of that works perfectly (minus the washer pump that I haven't tested yet). My marker light housings were installed. I ended up using the screws and grinding them down until the housings fit in the hood. The clear lenses are much cleaner looking, in my opinion. I also aimed my headlights and got my reverse lights wired up.

As for the bad news...since it got cold I decided to adjust my choke. I got it set and wanted to warm up my truck. I was off doing other things while it was idling when I suddenly heard liquid hitting the ground rapidly. Sure enough, my radiator gave out. The truck didn't overheat, but it appears that the underside of the top tank is where the leak is at. It is going to need a recore before I can continue. I have a local radiator shop that should be able to do it. If not, I'm sure I can get a C5 radiator to fit. The cooling fans would certainly work.

That's where I'm at. Just tying up loose ends while saving money for tires. The radiator is a setback, but not the end of the world. Happy Thanksgiving!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221113_145106[1].jpg (2.42 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20221113_162243[1].jpg (3.04 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20221113_145027[1].jpg (2.59 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20221113_145037[1].jpg (2.16 MB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20221124_130126[1].jpg (4.34 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)