View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:48 AM

Truck: 1963 4000 Series
Winston is on a distinguished road
Default Re: THANK YOU... And Need help identifying this truck

Hello all,
A quick update on the 4000 series. First, thanks again everyone, I appreciate even more information.

Got the truck started again, and reverse didn't grind, and first worked great. Then my luck ran out, and must have lost pressure in the brakes and clutch. Put the big ol boy right through my metal barn wall. Just didn't want to stop, and the brakes didnt stop it, and the clutch wouldn't let it go into neutral. No stopping that big boy, and I didn't pull the ignition key fast enough. Wife not happy.

So I will be tracing down the leak, it must be somewhere. Oddly enough, after I pumped the brakes and the clutch a couple of times, I was able to start in neutral and back out just a bit (so I could fix the barn).

I want to change the oil, but I am getting two different types of oil filters. One looks huge, and the other is a standard mobile 1 filter. The filter looks giant on the motor, but I am not sure it is in some housing or not.
Has anyone ran the SeaFoam through one of these engines prior to changing the oil? Knowing the oil hasn't been changed in at least 10 years, I am a bit concerned about damage from the SeaFoam.

And how does the clutch share the master cylinder with the brakes?

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all the help.