View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2013, 04:06 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Like I always do I started with the piddly stuff to get my feet wet. I got my 4x4 shift bracket and my stick shift ready for mashing together. The only problem was my herculiner that I put on everything. It made the fit too tight!

So I grabbed Mr. Hammer and he negotiated the two into a deal. Then I touched up the bald spots with more herculiner.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then I drove the pin in, same problem.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Next came the washer (both sides) and cotter pins (also both sides!)

Finally I got to use my brand new grease gun. Greased it up good till it spun around very freely.

Then I crawled under the truck again to install the throwout bearing. The new bearing is larger than the old one so I put a crowbar on the fork and pried it away just a little.

This let me slide the bearing in easily. The big part goes toward the engine. Remember that we greased it up earlier.

After I got it in I saw it wasnt lined up.

So I poked my crowbar in it and wiggled it around till it did. Notice that bling-bling on my crowbar? Kinda matches the transmission, don't it? Overspray is a hateful booger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.