View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:22 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

After getting the top bolts in fingertight I slipped the bottom bolts in. Remember they go in backwards though. I went ahead and tightened them up good.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then I tightened the top bolts through the open transmission hump.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Only then was I OK with lowering the jack. Safety first!

Now for that stinkin linkage. I put the first one on and it wouldn't fit. I scraped a little of the paint away and put it on a little. it goes on with the threaded spot pointing down. Then I banged it with a wrench to get it back on.

I ran the bolt through and held it with vise grips while I used the impact on the other side.

The back one stuck out far enough I could whack it with a hammer to get it back on and bolted up.

I almost forgot the transmission bolts.

Can't forget the little tabs either.

Then the drain plug goes back in. I might need some touchup after all the up-and-downs on the jack.

Tying it back up, the driveshaft goes next. I held it high and to the driver's side so I could get it pushed into the gasket on the end of the transmission.

Then I set the rear portion in the joint.

I put the Ubolts on last and tightened them up.

Don't fear the dirt. I'll give her a proper washup after winter. I was in a rush today because I need to get Cecilia out of my garage this weekend.

Funny thing, I wound up with four little bolts that I have no idea where they go. Um...

And as I typed that it dawned on me that they go in the flywheel cover plate that I forgot about.

I'll get that on Saturday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.