View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:02 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Finishing up I slipped the flywheel cover back on. It has to kinda wedge under the back side under the bellhousing mounts.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I put the front bolts in first to line it up. Just finger tight.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then the back ones. After they're tight I tightened up the front. This is a cover so it doesn't need 800 ft./lbs. of torque!

Then it was time for some oil! I got a transfer pump a few months ago.

Then I carefully measured out 28 oz. of part number 58304, Red Line 75W90 NS GL-5 Gear Oil because that's how much the manual says it takes. I shouldn't have. It took a whole quart.

Put the fill plug back in

I Put all the bolts back in the hump. Boy that looks odd tied down with old bolts and in an unpainted floor.

I poked the shifter through the hole.

Then went underneath and tied it to the Rockwell T221 linkage

Then I took the two bolts back out of the tail section of the transmission (it wont leak) then put the bracket back on it and bolt it back down.

I put my brand spankin new shift boot on. it didn't fit. Mainly because 2wd Hi is all the way forward. It collapses the boot too much and throws it into 4wd Hi. I need to find a different boot. I ended up taking it back off.

Here's the ring.

And finally the freshly painted handle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.