View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2014, 05:04 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
I can't say on the wire, but for the sludge I put this in one of our older cars. Run it for a few hundred miles then do an oil change, then do another dose and oil change. Clean as a whistle

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thanks Fetch! I'll check that out.

Changed the PCV valves under the valve covers just for kicks since I was already in there and they are cheap. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the pieces I have pulled while chasing my oil leak sources painted. Still have a little paint on the valve covers to get off. I got a little ill tempered over some inaccurate HOA citations I received today and called it quits...and they have not even seen me working on the truck yet. LOL.

Wish I could repaint the whole engine since it is flaking everywhere, but no means to pull the whole thing out...future project.

Looks like "they" did a quick spray of the whole thing without any real prep. As I get flaking paint off, I see what looks like remains of older paint & grease.