View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:47 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: After Market dash gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley View Post
All good information Doug. Thanks for the pictures and yes, I'd be interested to see anything that you have over there in SD regarding gauges and dash stuff.
Hello Bob.

My memory was 180* off on the guage description I told you above. I didn't want 270* sweep guages, I wanted what they were calling "short sweep".

You're welcome for the pics. Here's a little more info on how I did the guages in my '55 last January. I took the pics tonite.

The Temp and Fuel guages are new aftermarket "Sunpro" that I refaced along with the working original guages. I changed the entire face plate on the fuel guage from a non-working original one as the shape of the new one wouldn't work. I probably should have stuck with a mechanical temp guage then it would have matched the rest of them better. I also had to use original crimp rings on the new guages to make the bezel rings fit. I don't want to get to long winded to hi-jack your thread so here are a couple of pics.

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55 instrument cluster re-done 001.jpg (785.1 KB, Multiple views, 21 clicks)
File Type: jpg 55 instrument cluster re-done 002.jpg (836.0 KB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg 55 instrument cluster re-done 003.jpg (1,020.1 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday